Wednesday, September 1, 2010

So Much So Soon (not that we're complaining)



We've been debating what to post about because there has been so much going on. I guess the first thing to say is that we have finally decided (and ORDERED) our bathroom faucets. There was much back and forth about what to get because there were two very similar choices we were deciding between. In the end, we decided on the Dornbracht Tara wall mounted faucet in polished chrome. Above you can see two views of it (the only side view was in the black finish, so just ignore the color).

Then we also ordered our bathtub, which has since been delivered. I was hoping to show you a picture of it in situ, but alas, the electricity in our apartment has been cut since they are now working on the electrical. I last visited in the evening, so there was no way I could make my way around in the dark—let alone take a photo. Maybe next time. AND speaking of deliveries, we have now arranged for our GE refrigerator and wine fridge to be delivered on Tuesday. We are clearly most excited about the latter.



The next thing we are trying to determine is what toilet to get. I know. How mundane. But quite frankly, I'm finding some design details on the Toto toilet bothersome. Take a look. The Toto (above left) has something funky happening at the back of the lid. On the right is a Laufen toilet, which is also a bit more classic (and classy) looking. I'm leaning to the Laufen, but this is still to be decided. Hopefully soon. I don't know how much more debate we can take over a toilet.

No comments:

Post a Comment