Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Sleeping Beauty



We can hardly believe it, but Beia is getting close to outgrowing her bassinet and her three-in-one cradle. These are the two places that she sleeps—the former in our bedroom at night and the latter in the main room during the day. With this in mind, we've started to transition Beia into sleeping in her crib. It hasn't been as straight forward as we thought it would be.

Steve first attempted this on Sunday as she always falls asleep so nicely ON HIM! This time, when she fell asleep, Steve gently transferred Beia to her crib...only to be brought back into her room minutes later by her wailing, wide awake. Our nanny, Cindy, tried again yesterday and had the same results. We're not sure why the crib seemed to bother her, or if Beia has some sixth sense about where she is at all times. Does she not like the mattress? The sheets? The location? The size (small baby, big bed)? Her preference, clearly, is to sleep ON people...not in a crib!

Today was my turn, and I'd like to report initial success. I tried several things. I lowered the shades. I turned on the white noise machine. I stayed in the room. And I read to her. Of course, it could have been any one of these things–or the combination of them together–and it probably helps that she didn't sleep much yesterday! Regardless, I'm happy to claim victory, if only for today...

1 comment:

  1. It should be noted that Steve did not try very hard to put Beia down in the crib and was content with Beia using Steve as a bed. Just saying...

    ReplyDelete