Thursday, December 30, 2010

Rotisserie Chicken



This evening we tried out the rotisserie feature on our oven. It is SO. AWESOME. It actually rotates and everything. We found a simple, yummy recipe on epicurious.com. You combine 2 tablespoons butter + 1 tablespoon coarse salt + 2 tablespoons herbs de provence. Then you rub this under and over the skin of the chicken and let it sit in the fridge for about 6 hours. Then, finally, you rotisserie it for 50 minutes. Then, awesomeness ensues. We had this with ginger garlic green beans (a recipe from the Moosewood Cafe). Yum-a-licious all the way around.

1 comment:

  1. Hi, I just found your blog. I'm searching for reviews on the Smeg oven and stumbled here. ;) I know this is an old post, but I'm hoping you can let me know how you like your oven now that you've had it for quite some time. Is everything still working? Do you still love it? I would LOVE to hear some feedback from real people who have it. So far, I haven't been able to find many reviews on it and I'm about to hit the 'buy' button, but looking for a few reassuring (or discouraging) reviews from people who actually own one. :) Thanks!

    Shauna

    ReplyDelete